Sunday, July 9, 2017

Church Today


































I wish could wear a Go Pro on my head because sometimes it's inappropriate to take a photo but you want to save the memory. 

The people here are sooo very loving. In Sacrament Meeting today, Presidente and I stood at the pulpit together and I bore my testimony first and then Presidente bore his testimony next. When Presidente was speaking, I had the chance to look out over the congregation and every eye was riveted on Dad. Nobody was sleeping. Nobody was looking at their hands or in their lap. 100 pairs of eyes, looking together for instruction. I wish I had a picture.

After sacrament meeting we met the branch president and he was so loving toward one of the older women in the congregation, he held here hand with fingers entwined and I thought she was his mom. I wish I had a picture.

When I went into the bathroom after our meetings, three little girls with pig tails poking up everywhere came up to me one at a time and wrapped their arms around my hips and gave me a hug. They had never met me before and that was our first greeting. How they win your heart.

The photo of the woman in front of the chalk board is the Relief Society President. (I snatched a photo of this scene). They turn the chapel into the Relief Society room after sacrament meeting. The women all stood up together and in one voice repeated their theme from the Book of Mormon:

Moroni 7:46 'Wherefore my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing for charity never faith. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail."

The people here have all different shades of skin, from bowling-ball black, to French vanilla white, and everything in between, cafe, brown, cream. It's beautiful. It reminds me of a painting of a landscape, with amber waves of grain.


I have already had to make difficult decisions regarding the missionaries’ health. I have felt the Holy Ghost confirm to me in a most powerful way that each decision was correct. We are so blessed to be instruments in the Lord's hands to do his work.

Go and Do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New way to find and teach

Please send a "friend request" to our facebook page:   Bret'nJeanette Smith    We will be posting on facebook in the futur...