Sunday, October 21, 2018

Fun to give

I've decided I like the welfare system here in the DR.  Those who are handicapped and can't work, actually work really hard.  They walk in the streets all day every day and come up to the window of your car while waiting at lights (always long, long lights) and you put money in their cup.  The thing that I really like is seeing their gratitude.  It doesn't matter how much you give, a little or a lot, they are grateful.  Even when we choose to give granola bars or food, they are happy.  One day I gave a little boy a bag of M & M 's and you would think he won the lottery.  I've never seen such a big smile.  I hope he comes back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

New way to find and teach

Please send a "friend request" to our facebook page:   Bret'nJeanette Smith    We will be posting on facebook in the futur...